Have you ever gone through a trial in your life that you asked yourself "Why me? Why now?"
Well, I have.
I feel like a lot of us have these feelings. I mean it only comes natural to feel and think this way at times in our life, right?
When we are going through these hard times in our lives do we look for the joy in the journey? I know for me it definitely can be hard but I have been taught at a young age by my loving parents to be grateful and find joy no matter what life may throw at you. It isn't always easy or comfortable but it is necessary to our happiness and TOTALLY doable.
That is why I came up with this list of 10 simple things that we can start applying in our lives today to help us find joy in the midst of our battles. Life is rough and we need to be constantly standing our ground and fighting every second of every day for our happiness. If we don't fight for our happiness... who will?
So here is my list for 10 easy ways to find joy in the journey.
1. ALWAYS start your day with a grateful heart. When we wake up first thing in the morning we should be thanking God for having another day to live. Expressing our gratitude to our Creator will help us realize how truly blessed we are and it will allow more blessings to flow into our life. Gratitude is a key to happiness.
"A beautiful day begins with a beautiful mindset. When you wake up, take a second to think about what a privilege it is to simply be alive and healthy. The moment you start acting like life is a blessing, I assure you it will start to feel like one." - Unknown
2. Record your blessings. When we take the time to start recording our blessings whether that be 5 minutes a day or 10 we are allowing the universe and God to keep on blessing us. Also I have come to realize in my 25 years of life that it is SO good to have a record of previous blessings and miracles during a hard time. That way you will be able to look back and remember that you can get through this. This will also empower you to stay on your journey to finding joy no matter what the circumstance may look like.
3. Share your blessings with others. Sharing our blessings with others is so important! We are here on this earth to learn as we go and to uplift others and to be inspired daily by each other. We have so much to share and it's essential that we do so. There are people who need to hear your story. Share it and you will not only be blessing others but you will be blessing your life.
4. Live your blessings. What I mean by this is that we need to be living the beautiful life that we have been blessed with. I heard a quote from someone somewhere that went something along the lines of this. "Don't live someone else's perfect life but, live your perfect life." This really speaks to me. We all have different lives and they are beautiful in their unique ways. In fact our lives don't always look beautiful up close. Sometimes we need to put our life in perspective to see the beauty of it.
Not going to lie.. It's hard to see beauty while you are going through a trial that is constantly dimming your light and happiness. Sometimes we just need to wait for that light of happiness to come. It will always come. I strongly believe that. You just need to decide now if you are going to see it even if it's there for what seems like just a second in time. Let those little miracles carry you on during the crazy life storms.
5. Serve others. I strongly believe that service is another key to happiness. I mean really have you ever served someone and not felt better about yourself or left happier? I mean yes there's times when people don't appreciate what you do for them. Don't let this stop you from serving others and be happy from doing so.
6. Smile often. Smiling makes the world go round. Am I right or am I right? But all seriousness who doesn't like someone who is a happy person who smiles all the time? Yes, like what I said in one of my blog posts some people will not like you because of your happiness. They are jealous. Don't let that stop you from being happy and expressing it through a smile. Also I must say that you don't need to have a perfect life to simply decide to be happy. Find reasons to smile daily and don't stop doing it. This will lighten your load and ease your troubled heart. There is truly something about smiling. Try it.
7. Compliment others daily. In fact find someone you don't even know and compliment them. As you do this you will not only make more friends but you will feel better about yourself and the world around you. You will start to realize how beautiful this world is even with all the bad in it. Who knows you might even start getting complimented more often. ;)
8. Discover your gifts. Don't be afraid to get outside of your bubble and try new things. Discovering your gifts and developing new hobbies will give you strength to push on and it might even relieve some stress. It will also give you greater confidence, peace and faith in your life. Working on projects and trying new things will help you to see your divine worth as a child of God and it will help you feel like you have greater potential.
9. Spend time with family. Spending time with your loved ones is SO important. Family makes life worth living when things get tough. Family gives us memories that we will hold onto forever. Family is so important and we need to be giving more of our time and attention to them. Life is just so much better with family. Please spend time with them and tell them as often as possible how much you love them. This will bring so much joy and peace into your life and it will make your trials bearable.
10. Get outside! Enjoy nature. Nature is probably the best medicine anyone could receive. I mean think about it. It's free, beautiful and it's always close by. I think God did this on purpose. You don't even have to go to a National Park to get the full treatment that nature has to offer.. Get outside and go on a walk. This will help you to clear your mind and ponder how blessed you are.
So here is 10 easy ways to find joy in the journey. I know that I could have complied a list of greater length and that there is SO many other ways to find joy but this is just a simple list of things we can start doing right now. I know as we get into the habit of living our lives full of love and gratitude we will be blessed.
Remember: If we don't fight for our happiness... who will?
All our love,
The Webster Clan! <3