Have you ever felt like you were falling behind or not good enough for a certain task? Have you ever felt like you weren't a good parent or person and that you needed to have everything be perfect?
Heck, I have.. & it sucks not feeling good enough or having your life in "perfect" order.
STOP IT! Perfection is annihilation. It paralyzes us from working from the heart. Humans by nature are NOT PERFECT and imperfections are what make the world beautiful.
Guys... you don't have to be "perfect" to be amazing or successful in life. You sure don't need to have that P word to even be liked or be happy. Imperfections truly does make the world beautiful.
That's why I complied my thoughts together to write a "perfect" list
for perfect at trying imperfect people.. like me.😜
1. Compare yourself to others. Yup you heard me right. When we look at others we usually see their best self. People try to hid their imperfections and quite often you will only see what they want you to see. When we stop focusing on ourselves & start paying more attention to others we will soon realize that they aren't perfect either. They have problems and struggles just like you do. In fact they probably have way worst things going on in their life than you. See you're not alone. We don't have to have it all figured out. Just be grateful to be you & have your own trials that you get to learn from.
2. Laugh at yourself. All seriousness laugh at yourself at least once a day. Having a good sense of humor can turn a horrible situation into a learning and funny experience. We all make mistakes on a regular basis. It's okay. It's not the end of the world. I truly believe that we are here on this earth to make mistakes and learn as we go. When we do this we will be okay with any situation that comes our way and we will learn The art of going with the flow. Plus we will relieve some stress as well. 😉
"It's not about perfect. It's about effort. And when you bring that effort every single day, that's where transformation happens. That's how change occurs." - Jillian Michaels
3. It's okay not to have the perfect body figure. I feel like we all struggle with this one at least once in our lives. Stretch marks aren't a bad thing. Eating a whole bag of chips in one sitting happens. Ladies not having a hourglass figure doesn't mean you're not beautiful. Men.. not having a six pack and bulging arms doesn't mean you are not sexy. Just because you don't work out everyday doesn't mean you are a failure. Let's all be a little nicer to ourselves. Remember that beauty comes in different shapes and forms. Also remember that perfection takes a lifetime of practice. So let's all do better to be more healthy and a better you but don't destroy your self-esteem just because you are not simply there yet. Keep trying and give yourself some credit for all the amazing things that you're already doing in your life. You got this!
4. Remember the bad days. This is called gratitude my friends. When you do this you will realize that first off it's okay to have bad days but secondly it's not fun to have bad days all the time. You will quickly learn that you don't want to make bad days turn into bad weeks to months to years. You will start to notice how wonderful your life is even though it's not perfect. You will see all the good things that you've been blessed with whether that is a job that pays the bills or a crappy car that still runs. So whenever you are struggling to be happy.. simply remember the bad days and soon enough you will have a smile of gratitude on your face.
5. Leave your house dirty at least once a week. Life is hectic & super stressful at times. There will be days when you will come home from work with a kitchen sink full of dishes. You will not always have time to make your bed in the morning. You will have weeks when you can only make Top ramen and mac & cheese for dinner. You will have dirty laundry overflowing in your hamper that hasn't been done for over a week. You will have greasy hair some days due to putting others before yourself. You will maybe not always give your all at work. You will be late to something super important and you will struggle at some point to get out of bed in the morning. This is called life and it doesn't mean you are not amazing or good enough because you are not perfect every single day of your life. It only means you are human and you are doing your best.
Life is about improvement and not perfection.
So just relax and please give yourself a break every once in awhile and be okay with it. You have so much to offer and you don't have to be perfect to give it. You are amazing and you can do hard things! So as you go throughout this upcoming week just remember You were born to be real, not to be perfect.
All our love,
The Webster Clan! <3